Sunday, January 2, 2011

29 and feeling fine?

Nearly one month ago, I had my 29th birthday.  I have never been one to be hung up on my age, or getting older, but 29 hit me hard for some reason.  The big 3-0 is coming up, and I haven't exactly accomplished everything I hoped I would by this point.  You see, I am the kind of person that likes rules and plans.  Rules are meant to be followed, and you can't get anywhere in life without a plan.  (I read a very interesting book, The Birth Order Book by Dr. Kevin Leman, that explains a lot about my need for rules and plans.) However, I usually fail to consult God about MY plans.  He sort of has a way about having His own for me.  No matter how hard I try, God seems to win the battle.  This is both liberating and frustrating for someone who likes to be in control. Anyway, back to turning 30.  I have decided to forego New Year's Resolutions in exchange for trying to make this next year be the best ever.  While there are some tangible goals I would like to meet, I am more concerned with reaching my 30th birthday in December 2011 and feeling like I am truly living.  I think that maybe this blog will provide some accountability, and be sort of therapeutic. 


Before I list some goals that I would like to reach, let me make it clear that I am a very happy person.  I have an amazing life!  My husband, Scott, is a wonderful godly man, and we have a precious 3-year-old little girl, Claire.  I love going to work everyday, and I couldn't ask for better friends or more supportive family.  I would just like to make this last year of my 20s memorable, and learn how to make every day count. 

The Goals: (this is not an exhaustive list, but rather a starting point to build on)
1. I started late in the year last year, with trying to do things I have never done before.  I would like to improve on those things, and be courageous enough to keep trying new things.  I am learning to sew, and I took a painting class last week. 
2. Complete a 5K run.  This is a biggie.  It would be a real challenge for me.  Also, I think reaching my weight goals would be better achieved by not focusing on a specific weight, but rather a specific fitness goal. 
3.  Better equip myself to deal with stress.  As someone who loves a plan, I tend to get stressed when plans aren't followed or fall through. 
4.  Be more intentional in my relationships. 
5.  Be committed to giving to those who have less than I do. 

Hope this isn't too long, but I wanted to provide an introduction into what I'm trying to accomplish.  Suggestions on the blog and/or my list of goals are welcomed!  Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love it LaDona!! Shame on you for making me find this blog myself :) I look forward to keeping up with you through it! So beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was gonna keep it under wraps until I decided if I liked it or not. I didnt' even tell Scott. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete